Rockin Robbin

Rolling in Tampa

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Greatest Fan

Sorry I have been away for so long. I could make a million excuses 'cause I'm good at that but I'll just say it was "life". Our schedule has been crazy and when you can put something off, it's gets easier and easier to ignore. I guess you could say I was on hiatus. Don't get me wrong I love my writing, but this season of my life right now is not about me it's about raising my children. I just need more hours in a day!
Gabriel has started school and I am SO HAPPY with this school. I was so upset last year about the school situation and now I am so happy things have gone as they did because we wouldn't be where we are today if they hadn't. See..."Life".
I had to go to an "IEP" meeting for Gabriel this morning. It's a meeting where we discuss goals for Gabriel for the year and then next year we will see how he has progressed. Things like his speech, writing letters and social skills like telling people "hello" and not picking his nose in public! A lot of kindergarten kids pick their nose until someone says, "EHWWWW! Gross!" Then they stop because it's embarrassing. Gabriel doesn't get embarrassed so we have to come up with other ways to make him "get it". Not that Gabriel is an avid nose picker... I was just making an example.
I am really happy with Gabriel's progress. I think he will really catch up in the next 2 to 3 years and fly by the rest of us. Roger and I plan for him to get a job at MICRO-SOFT or something similar to support us in our old age. No... REALLY.
As I drove away from the school, Gabriel's class was lined-up headed outside somewhere and he was in the back holding a little girl's hand. She has mild Downs syndrome with curly blonde hair. I had the radio on and a song was on...

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
Emeralds and mountains
Thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth

Tell me we belong together...

I'll be your cryin' shoulder...
I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life...

You're my survival
You're my living proof...

I love you Gabriel. I love who you are and who your going to become. I'm the greatest fan of your life.
Love forever,
Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home