Rockin Robbin

Rolling in Tampa

Monday, September 11, 2006

Do you remember... No, I mean do YOU REALLY?


Friday Katherine came home from school and told me she could wear red, white and blue to school on Monday. "Why?" I asked.
Because Monday is 9-11.
"Oh,"
Katherine wears a uniform to school so getting to wear anything else is a treat. I ironed her jeans and rolled her hair and bought some pretty red, white and blue ribbon for her to wear in her hair. That's what we do right? Labor Day, Veteran's Day, 4th of July- we decorate and dress up. I made up some extra ribbons with pins for her to take to her friends (Matt too, only he said he'd give 'em to the teacher for the girls- ribbons are for girls MOM) As I drove Katherine to school this morning (she goes earlier than Matt) I asked her if she knew what 9-11 was. She knew about the twin towers but not much detail. I started filling her in and then I REALLY REMEMBERED. I remember the sick feeling in my stomach seeing the 2nd plane fly into the other tower, the people jumping from the top floors, the towers falling. I REMEMBERED the bravery of the men on the plane who knew their fate and forced the plane to crash. I got weepy in the car. I am glad Kat got a re-play of that day, just so she will know that today isn't just about the colors she wears.
I ALSO remember our GREAT President GEORGE W. BUSH. I remember how high his ratings got, how he took care of this nation. How we all wanted to GET who did this.
Has everyone forgot?
Do they think a job like that is easy?
It seems like everyone forgot... I HAD TO argue with someone in the grocery line the other day about it. He had to start criticizing MY president and I had to tell him HOW IT REALLY IS. Roger was with me and as we walked away he said you are going to make me hurt someone one day 'cause if he had said something nasty to you I would have hurt him. I told him that was okay... just stand behind me and look mean. You have the muscles and I have the mouth. Did I mention it was a cop?
You know, if you punish your child for something they have done, but don't follow thru with what you have said your going to do then they learn that they can get away with whatever they want because you aren't really going to do what you said. Trying to get rid of terrorists is not a quick deal and we will probably never get rid of them all but I FULLY SUPPORT MY PRESIDENT for the job he has done.
GOD BLESS THE USA! (can you hear the music?)
...okay... I feel better. I did my speech for the week. My family will appreciate you listening to it so they don't have to hear one till next week -God Bless You!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY GIRL. THERE ARE SOMETIMES THAT I READ THINGS WHEN I'LL THINK TO MYSELF, "I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THAT SO MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS WRITTEN." BUT READING WHAT YOU HAVE WROTE TODAY IS NOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS. VERY WELL SAID. AND, NO ROBBIN, WE HAVEN'T ALL FORGOTTEN.
WE HAVE A SON IN THE SERVICE DEFENDING THIS NATION, AND EACH TIME I SEE FOOTAGE FROM FIVE YEARS AGO I GET PISSED OFF ALL OVER AGAIN. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? WE NEED TO BE PISSED OFF OVER IT. THE FOLKS WHO ARE IN THE SERVICE DESERVE FOR US TO BE, WHETHER IT'S THE MILITARY OR THE PUBLIC SERVANTS WHOSE CO-WORKERS GAVE THEIR LIVES THAT DAY.
ROBBIN, TRACEY AND I AND OUR CHILDREN REMEMBER VERY CLEARLY. WE STILL HAVE A FLAG HANGING FROM OUR FRONT PORCH AND FLYING FROM OUR VEHICLE. WE STILL STAND WITH OUR MOUTHS SHUT WHEN THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS PLAYED. I STILL WANT TO CRY WHEN I STAND AT NATIONAL CEMETARY IN CHATTANOOGA AND THINK ABOUT THOSE WHO DIED FOR THIS NATION'S FREEDOM.
AND THOSE IN THIS COUNTRY WHO DON'T GETTED PISSED OFF OVER 9/11 AND DON'T WANT TO APPRECIATE OUR FREEDOM NEED TO GO LIVE OVER AMONG THOSE ROCKS AND CAVES AND SAND UNTIL THEY KNOW HOW BLESSED THIER LITTLE PANSY BUTTS WERE BLESSED TO BEGIN WITH!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR PRESIDENT!

TRACEY AND TOM

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home