Rockin Robbin

Rolling in Tampa

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fresh Clean Mouth

Gabriel went to the dentist for the first time Tuesday. I didn't know what dentist to take him to because of his behavior. I finally got a name of a dentist that specializes in childen with disabilities from Gabriel's speech therapist, so I made the appointment.
I worry about Gabriel's teeth because he hates toothpaste. He hates it so much that when I brush his teeth, he foams at the mouth, like a dog. He HATES toothpaste- wait- did I say that already? Well, I have some good news for all you toothpaste haters out there. You don't really NEED toothpaste. Rinse your mouth really good and scrub them with your toothbrush and THAT'S IT! Gabriel is almost 6 years old and he has no cavities! The dentist said he had beautiful white teeth and that I was doing a great job. I told him about the NO TOOTHPASTE deal with Gabe and he said, "TOOTHPASTE IS NO BIG DEAL". Anyway, Gabriel did really good and I probably could have taken him to a regular dentist, but I am going to stay with this one because I really liked him. Gabriel really enjoyed all the extra attention from the ladies in the office too.
Personally, I like toothpaste. I like to try different ones too. When we went on the cruise last year they had put samples in our cabin of the new ones out like, lemon and this very refreshing red cinnamon one (This AIN'T your mamma's red toothpaste!) I use lemon all the time now, I love it. Someone told me that the herb one on was really good too. I also like those "Listerine Breath Strips" in red. I eat them like candy when I am in the car. I have the little package stuck in my air conditioner vent facing me. Everyone else in my family HATES them. Gabriel saw me sticking one on my tongue one morning on the way to school and wanted one. I could have PROBABLY talked him out of it but I just REALLY wanted to see his face when it melted on his tongue. You know, it melts INSTANTLY so, even though he tried, he couldn't take it out and he started LICKING the back of the passenger side head-rest. WISH YOU COULD'A BEEN THERE! It was truly hilarious.
You know when you get a cat and tape newspaper booties on it's feet and then it prances around freaked out that something is on their feet? Well, I love crap like that. Gabriel was the cat... wonder how Bartholomeu and Patch would like a breath strip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home