Rockin Robbin

Rolling in Tampa

Thursday, November 30, 2006

"Michael"

I don't have a picture for this one and I have a gazillion other things I need to be doing but I wanted to tell you guys about something I did this morning. I normally don't share stories like this one because I keep them for myself to enjoy between me and God. I don't need an audience like some people do when they do something good.
I had a lot of errands to do today and when I was finished I ran by Taco Bell. I was almost home and had just got off I-275 at my exit and saw a homeless guy with his sign. He was slummped up againist the fence and I looked in my wallet to see if I had any money. All I found was a one dollar bill. I didn't give it to him because I felt it was sort of a slap in the face now days when everything costs so much. I normally don't even give money and ignore them. Anyway, I drove thru the light and I was ALMOST home, but no, God would not get off my back this time
I could hear him tell me, " Robbin, how can you go home and eat Taco Bell when that guy doesn't have anything to eat?" I then considered giving him my Taco Bell, but then I came to my senses and told God I would go to Wendy's right up the street instead, but could he please let me hurry so my nacho's wouldn't get all soggy?! I went thru a green light that stayed green WAY to long (GOD) and then I went to a Wendy's that always has a LONNNGG line and there was NO ONE there (GOD). I got Michael (that's what I am calling him) 2 double-stacks, fries and I figured he could just drink some water somewhere. God told me NO! Get Him a frosty! So I did. I drove back to where I saw Michael and parked the car and waved for him to come over. Michael was about 18, 19 maybe? Very nice looking guy, surfer hair cut -GQ and all, but dirty. He wasn't drunk either. He said he was just having some bad luck because his dad had died and he had lost everything. He didn't seem to want pity, he just wanted me to know he wasn't a drug head. I told him God made me buy him lunch and he laughed and thanked me. I spent like 6 bucks on him and got SO HIGH, no drug could feel that good.
I read one time about a lady who did a good deed once a week with her children. One time they went to McDonald's and bought like ten lunches and went to all the stops where they normally saw homeless people at and handed out the bags and drove off quickly so as not to make the person even say thanks.
I haven't been very good lately about doing things like that. I feel guilty about that. I get so involved with my family and myself that I forget.
Glad God reminded me today at lunch... and by the way my Nacho's stayed crispy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home